Monday, July 02, 2007

Temporary Meditation

Every time you get a strong feeling of the changing nature of things; hold it as long as you can!

- Think of landscape outside, the trees, birds, and clouds.

All are made up of moving atoms; try to imagine this and concentrate on the feeling.

- Think of this room and everything in it; is it all permanent?
- Think of your body, is it the same as yesterday, last month, 10 years ago?
- Think of the mind, is it static or changing every moment?

Concentrate on the experience.

- Is it realistic to value things so high if they do not last forever?
- Is it realistic to expect friends not to change?
- Is it realistic to expect my friends will live forever?
- Will I live forever?
- What will last longer, my possessions and friends or I myself?

0 comments: