Thursday, November 17, 2005

Zen Story - Ten Old Men Enjoying Longevity

Once upon a time, a wayfarer came across ten old men; Over a hundred years of age, All of them were vigorous all the more; With earnesty and sincerity, he hastened forward for the key to their venerable age.

The first, twisting his beard, said:
I neither drink nor smoke.

The second, smiling, replied:
I take a hike after meats.

The third, nodding, answered:
I have a vegetarian diet.

The fourth, a stick in hand, said:
I have all along walked instead of riding.

The fifth, straightening his sleeves, said:
I myself have always taken part in physical labor.

The sixth, carrying a posture of yin-yang regulation, said:
I practice shadow boxing every day.

The seventh, rubbing his big nose, said:
I always leave windows open to let in fresh air.

The eighth, stroking his short beard, said:
I retire early and rise early.

The ninth, caressing his red cheeks, said:
I resort to sun bath to cause the skin sun burns.

The tenth, raising his eyebrows, said:
I always keep myself from worries.

Excellent are the statements by the ten old men which explains the secrets one by one. If you obey them with sincerity, you will surely enjoy longevity.

0 comments: